Our next generation fiber pattern development software
Designs and models complex filament wound structures
- Supports multiple DXF formats to Import and Export mandrel definition.
- Motion editing through table or in a graphical format.
- Uses simple CSV file format to export and import motion data. Users can create and edit files outside of SimWind using Microsoft Excel.
- Offers tools to simulate and visualize the mandrel and fiber path in 3D.
- Programming for auxiliary outputs to control external procedures through simple logical conditions based on wind programs.
- Programming for Digital Dr. Blade and Electronic Tensioners for wind programs.
- Offers Filtering tools to programmatically smooth out motion files.
- Feedback through information, error, exception and help messages.
SimWind offers different wind patterns, which cater to most sizes, shapes of the mandrels and materials used for winding. SimWind supports:
- Helical Wind: Helical winds have a helical or angled pattern.
- Circumferential Wind: Circumferential winds have a near vertical or hoop pattern.
- Bottle Wind: Bottle winds have a helical pattern. They take into account the dome shapes at the ends. The user has control of the parameters like the dome widths, fiber angle, bandwidth, and openings at the end.
- Non-Linear Wind: Non-Linear winds can be of helical pattern or hoop pattern. They are used to wind any axis-symmetrical structures. The user can import the mandrel geometry into SimWind as an AutoCAD DXF file.
- Chain Transition Wind: Chain Transition winds are used to connect several motion files and fiber paths together and execute them in sequence.