In-House Filament Winding Training & Consulting
Assistance with winding techniques & part program development
McClean Anderson’s R&D Lab is devoted to R&D work and consumer education. We provide expertise in filament winding techniques and assistance in part program development.
- 4-axis Super Hornet filament winding machine with a maximum winding envelope of 760mm [30″] in diameter x 2000mm [79″] long.
- 4-spool Digital-Electronic Tensioning System. System accommodates standard 75mm [3″] core outside pull materials with a maximum spool size of 300mm [12″] diameter x 13.6 kg [30 lb]. Tension range: 9 N to 90 N [2 to 20 lbf].
- 8-spool stationary Bookshelf Creel. Spools of center-pull fiber are placed onto shelving and fiber is redirected through a series of ceramic eyelets.
- Forced air Curing Oven capable of 500F [260C] with data logging and thermal profiling.
- Wide variety of Wet-Winding and Towpreg fiber delivery tooling.
NOTE: Please contact us in advance to make shipping arrangements if customer specific materials (fiber and/or resin) are to be used for sample / test winding.